Check out Jonathan Alpert sharing his insight on current events! Jonathan is frequently asked to give his opinion by major television programs, newspapers, magazines, and radio across the nation and internationally. Jonathan has become the media’s go-to guy for psychoanalyzing the city, from the Madoff scandal to ‘sexual problems’, and was dubbed “Manhattan’s most media-friendly psychotherapist” by the New York Observer. Read the New York Observer article >>
Jonathan Alpert’s media reel including highlights from his recent TV and film appearances.
Is stress contagious? Jonathan Alpert answers this on the Today Show. April 2, 2014
Jonathan Alpert on NBC Nightly News commenting on the puppy-cam that’s all the craze lately.
Jonathan Alpert on The Today Show commenting on AshleyMadison.com – a site for adulterers. March 3, 2011
Jonathan Alpert on The Today Show commenting on eduhookups.com – a site for college kids to hook up.
Jonathan Alpert on The Today Show commenting on the recession and its impact on marriage. March 21, 2011.
Jonathan Alpert on FOX New York commenting on infidelity. March 25, 2010.
Jonathan Alpert on FOX New York commenting on Tiger Woods. March 25, 2010
Jonathan Alpert on Good Morning America commenting on John Edwards and infidelity. August 10, 2008
Jonathan Alpert on CNN commenting on Wall Street and prostitution. December 23, 2008.
Jonathan Alpert on TLC’s My Strange Addiction treating a woman with a make up addiction. February 9, 2011. (short
Jonathan Alpert on Good Morning America commenting on the high profile suicide of a Freddie Mac executive. April 23, 2009
Jonathan Alpert on NBC Nightly News comment on the bystander effect. April 25, 2010.
Jonathan Alpert on NBC Nightly News commenting on Bernie Madoff. January 11, 2009.
Jonathan Alpert on The Today Show commenting on returnaholics. June 27, 2010.
Jonathan Alpert on The Today Show commenting on Senior Sexting. November 26, 2009.
Jonathan Alpert on The Today Show commenting on Everyday Heroes. April 13, 2009.
Jonathan Alpert on The Today Show commenting on Recession Roommates. April 28, 2009
Psychotherapist Jonathan Alpert on The Today Show commenting on weather woman Heidi Jones. December 16, 2010
Psychotherapist Jonathan Alpert on The Today Show commenting on Gay men in straight relationships. February 3, 2011.
Psychotherapist Jonathan Alpert on The Today Show talking about infidelity. January 31, 2010.
Psychotherapist Jonathan Alpert on Nancy Grace commenting on a crime case. March 3, 2010.
Psychotherapist Jonathan Alpert in the trailer for the 2010 Oscar-nominated Film Inside Job. (1:12 in)
Jonathan Alpert on The Joy Behar Show commenting on Gay men living straight lives. January 11, 2011.
Psychotherapist Jonathan Alpert on Fox & Friends talking about Facebook addiction and relationships. July 25, 2010
Psychotherapist Jonathan Alpert on FOX & Friends commenting on Divorce Predictors. May 21, 2010
Psychotherapist Jonathan Alpert on FOX News New York commenting on Al and Tipper Gore’s divorce. June 2,
Psychotherapist Jonathan Alpert on CW-11 News commenting on Tiger Woods. April 8, 2010
Psychotherapist Jonathan Alpert on ABC World New commenting on Mark Madoff’s suicide. December 11, 2010
Metro - 2013
Metro - 2012
- Learn to face your rarest phobias - December 19
- The New York Times Article That Got Everyone Talking - November 18
- Do you constantly compare yourself to others? Here’s how to stop. - November 5
- Am I Normal? - September 24
- Is it Normal to Wish I Were Michael Phelps? - August 27
- Help! I get freaked out at the mere thought of going to the doctor. - July 23
- Is it Normal to Watch Countless Hours of Reality TV? - June 26
- Is it Normal? - June 4
- How to overcome your need to fit in - May 25
- Be Fearless and Land Your Dream Job - May 16
- Eliminate the Fear Mongers in Your Life - May 16
- Is it Normal? - May 7
- What’s Keeping You Stuck? - April 23
- Is it Normal? - April 8
- The 5 Smartest Tips We’ve Heard This Year - August 1, 2010
- Flirting With Disaster - January 1, 2009
- To Catch a Cheat - December 21, 2009
- Make Peace with Your Finances - November 1, 2010
- The Rules of Long-Distance Relationships - December 1, 2009
- How to Tell If You’re Dating a Russian Spy - September 1, 2010
- Just the Financial Disaster We Needed - July 1, 2009
- The Crippling Guilt of Not Caring About the Economy - May 15, 2009
- “Freud Would Have Been Disappointed with the Profession” - September 20, 2013
- Meet the Swingers - March 1, 2010
- Is He Lying to You? - March 1, 2009
- One Couple, Three Therapists - November 1, 2009
- Experts: There’s Nothing Wrong With the Way Shiloh Dresses - January 21, 2010
- WOMAN’S DAY – The Right Body Language for Every Situation - August 17, 2011
- The Truth About Sex Addiction - February 4, 2010
- Wall Street no divã - July 1, 2011
- Jonathan Alpert, Le Psy Des ‘Golden Boys’ - September 20, 2011
- ASSOCIATED PRESS – More women needing cash go from jobless to topless - March 23, 2009
- Ill. governor parlor game: Psychotic or political? - December 12, 2008
- Life just turned on you. Your turn. - September 11, 2012
- Coaching future high flyers - May 22, 2012
- FINANCIAL TIMES – Privileged partying for wealthy children - December 2, 2010
- Love and Money: Online Dating for the Wealthy - June 23, 2010
- Till Debt Do Us Apart - February 27, 2010
- Chile’s Miners, Adversity and the Rest of Us - September 17, 2010
- LOS ANGELES TIMES – In therapy? Here’s how to assess effectiveness - March 26, 2007
- LOS ANGELES TIMES – Too caught up in the Web - March 5, 2007
- LOS ANGELES TIMES – Ready to toss those resolutions after just 3 weeks? - January 22, 2007
- LOS ANGELES TIMES – Work out reasons for leaving - December 11, 2006
- LOS ANGELES TIMES – Staying cool when sports heat up - November 20, 2006
- What happened to me? Inside Christina Aguilera’s crash-and-burn year - March 13, 2011
- Money’s tight, so what should you ask for at review time? - December 15, 2008
- Worried Sick - October 27, 2008
- Striking Back at Stress - October 27, 2008
- Should men pretend indifference to get the girl? - March 16, 2011
- NEW YORK DAILY NEWS – Anthony Weiner’s serial sexting, lewd emails suggest he was looking for a rush, experts say - June 8, 2011
- Taylor Momsen, 17, is satisfying ‘urge to rebel’ by dressing and acting provocatively: experts - November 15, 2010
- Young children have more access to online pornography: study - June 7, 2010
- Why are so many models attempting suicide? - May 18, 2010
- Vices like porn, smoking, shoplifting heat up in recession - December 7, 2009
- Sex addiction rehab – like that of ESPN’s Steve Phillips – can provide help for serial cheaters - October 27, 2009
- Sun and warm weather bring sadness and withdrawal for those with summer-onset depression - July 23, 2009
- Starlets who crack under pressure: Why Lindsay Lohan, Mischa Barton can’t handle being famous - July 22, 2009
- From Elizabeth Edwards to Silda Spitzer, why do women stay with their cheating husbands? - May 8, 2009
- NEW YORK DAILY NEWS – One in three guys prefers video games to sex: study - April 6, 2009
- NEW YORK DAILY NEWS – Coping with the death of a parent: Advice for families like Liam Neeson & Natasha Richardson’s - March 20, 2009
- NEW YORK DAILY NEWS – Alcohol boosts male sexual performance, study shows - January 26, 2009
- A Victory to Love - November 6, 2008
- Why a seventh kid may be too many for Angelina Jolie - October 17, 2008
- Experts: Australian teens with phone numbers on back need safe dating tips - October 16, 2008
- Sex addiction on the rise, from pop culture to Wall Street - October 9, 2008
- C*U*2nite: High-Tech Flirting Not Just for Kids - November 1, 2009
- What do videos say about LeBron? - December 2, 2010
- FORBES – Mother’s Day: What to do if you Can’t Stand Mom - May 6, 2011
- What Sort Of Woman Would Marry Charlie Sheen? - March 3, 2011
- FORBES – Stalk Much? How Facebook Makes You Creepy - September 17, 2010
- Bad Habits Boom In A Bad Economy - December 1, 2009
- He Lied, She Lied - August 26, 2009
- FORBES – Self Help Books: Why Women Can’t Stop Reading Them… - June 10, 2009
- FORBES – Women’s Biggest Hidden Health Threat - June 4, 2009
- FORBES – How The Recession Can Spice Up Relationships - April 21, 2009
- Women Vs. Men: Handling Economic Stress - January 1, 2009
- Employee burnout: Around the corner? Already here? - May 29, 2012
- Is Harsh Judgment of Charlie Sheen Just Evidence of a Hollywood Double Standard? - March 3, 2011
- Critics Slam Dina Lohan for Producing Film With Young Son Playing Heroin Addict - November 17, 2010
- Reality Shows Aimed at Young Viewers Airing More Violent Scenes - October 11, 2010
- Kids of Sex Tape ‘Stars’ May Pay Price for Parents’ Performance, Experts Say - August 25, 2010
- Knox And Vivienne Jolie-Pitt Are Having Night Terrors! Experts Blame Jet-Set Lifestyle - November 15, 2010
- Did Growing Up On Camera Lead To Gosselin Kids Being Expelled? Experts Say Yes! - November 15, 2010
- Experts Warn That Charlie Sheen Is Psychologically Damaging His Two Daughters With His Out-Of-Control And Dangerous Behavior! - October 26, 2010
- This Is Heartbreaking: Mom With History Of Abuse & Drug Use Arrested For Killing Her Twin Daughters With A Sword - October 18, 2010
- Exclusive! Experts Say Courteney Cox And David Arquette Did The Right Thing When They Told Daughter Coco About Their Split - October 12, 2010
- Don’t Let Your Child Get Picked On And Teased. Here’s How To Protect Your Kid From Online Bullying - October 1, 2010
- Aww! Suri Cruise Loves Ballet. Experts Say There Are Plenty Of Benefits To Letting Your Kids Dance - October 1, 2010
- Madonna’s Little Girl Is All Grown Up! But Should 13-Year-Old Lourdes Be Wearing Such High Heels? - September 23, 2010
- Bernard Madoff: how did he get away with it for so long? - December 20, 2008
- Financial crisis: Falling markets lead to ‘rise in sex addiction’ on Wall Street - October 19, 2008
- Would You Expose A Cheating Friend? - November 3, 2010